Psychotherapy Services and One-on-One Grief Recovery:
- $135 per 50-minute session for individuals
- $165 per 60-minute session for couples
I offer a sliding scale down to $95/session for individuals ($115 for couples) for those on a more limited budget, but who are ready to find a therapist to help them move forward in their lives now, and who are willing to commit to weekly meetings for at least the first three months.
Grief Recovery Groups (16 service hours and a copy of The Grief Recovery Handbook):
- $475 if registered and paid at least 2 weeks before the next start date (see "Make A Payment" tab for next group start date)
- $595 within two weeks of start date
Grief Recovery Online Program for Individuals:
- $1090 for 7 sessions, 70-90 min in length
For this program, we meet on a secure & confidential videoconferencing platform through my Grief Recovery Website. We follow the same format as the groups and One-on-One programs. This is useful for those who do not live in the Bay Area, or who are not able to travel to my Berkeley office.
I accept Kaiser and Blue Shield insurance through the Magellan Insurance Panel for psychotherapy services and one-on-one services only (not for groups). For Kaiser members, please contact Kaiser or your Primary Care Physician to request an authorization for psychotherapy, and give them my name and credentials as listed below.
- Kristina Kopko LMFT #53393
- Magellan ID#: 601155265
- Effective Date: 6/8/17
- NPI #:1467775080
For Blue Shield members, there is no need to obtain an authorization. Simply contact me for an initial meeting, and bring your insurance card, which displays your office visit copay amount on it.
If you have a different insurance provider, services might be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking your benefits administrator OR a representative of your insurance provider the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Is there an annual or lifetime cap on reimbursement of mental health services?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Can I see someone out of network and be reimbursed?
Cash, check, money orders and PayPal are all accepted for payment.
I respectfully request 24 hour notice if you cannot make your scheduled appointment time. If you've missed that window, please still let me know. If we can reschedule within the same calendar week, I will waive the late-cancellation fee. The cancellation fee for private pay clients is your regular appointment rate, whatever we have set it at. If you are using insurance to pay for therapy sessions, the late cancellation fee is my full fee of $135. I do not get reimbursed from insurance for a session that you don't attend, whether you gave me notice or not. The missed session fee must be paid in full before we schedule another session. I encourage you to set a reminder on your phone or calendar for 25 hours prior to our session in order to avoid incurring late fees.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.